Malee’s School is currently running a mix of in-person and online classes. Here is what current and new students need to know.
We are continuing to offer private lessons during this time. If you are interested in online or in-person private lessons, please get in touch with us.
The state of Connecticut has provided reopening guidelines for businesses such as ours. You can check them out here.
The safety measures required by the state and additional measures we are taking are as follows:
- All people entering the school must wear a mask covering their mouth and nose and maintain a distance of 6 feet from each other at all times. We encourage everyone to buy or make a reusable mask made for sports activities, which are more comfortable and easier to breathe in than N95 masks or disposable masks. Here’s one brand you can check out. Many of us have bought from this company already and can attest to their quality.
- Only students may enter the school. Children taking class can be accompanied to the entrance by their parent/guardian/etc. There will be no seating for observers.
- Parents and guardians, please communicate with your children the importance of maintaining social distancing during class for the protection of their families and other students’ families.
- All people entering the building will have their temperature read by a non-contact infrared thermometer. NCITs work quickly (within a second or two) and can be used without making physical contact.
- We will have a separate entrance and exit. The entrance will be the usual side door, while the exit will be the front door, which we will make more easily accessible.
- Hand sanitizers will be available at the entrance.
- There will be 5 minutes between each in-person class, to allow the previous class to leave the building first.
- There will be no water cooler. Please bring your own water!
- Please do not attend class if you are ill, particularly if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will disinfect door handles and surfaces at the end of each day.