1. Should I sign up for the New England Championships, Tai Chi Cup, or Wushu Kungfu Cup?
It’s up to you! The New England Championships include three experience levels, many more age groups, and more competition events, giving even beginners a chance to go home with a medal. The Tai Chi Cup and Wushu Kungfu Cup are advanced level competitions with trophy prizes.
2. Does the registration fee include one competition event, or do I have to pay for every event?
For the 9th New England Championships and 6th USA Tai Chi Cup, the registration fee does not include the first event.
We have tried both alternatives over the years, but we have found that more people make mistakes in filling out the registration form when we include the first event in the registration. Since our individual registration forms are now online-only, this also makes designing the web form more straightforward and easier to follow.
For the USA Wushu Kungfu Grand Champion Cup, the registration fee includes all three events.
3. I accidentally signed up for the wrong event! What can I do to fix it?
Please contact us immediately by e-mail at email@example.com if you notice a mistake you made when you registered, and we will be able to accommodate you. If you wish to change a competition event after registering, there is a charge of $30.
4. Can I register to compete at the door?
5. I’m already registered, but would like to add one or more events, or sign up for the Traditional Team Trials. How can I do so?
Go to the Adding Competition Events Form to add events. Refer to the original registration form (for the New England Championships, Tai Chi Cup, or Wushu Kungfu Cup) for the exact event.
6. When should I arrive at the competition venue?
We recommend you arrive at least one hour prior to the beginning of your competition events.
As you can see on the Schedule page, all children’s external events will be held in the morning, followed by the Opening Ceremony, Masters Demonstrations, and lunch. Internal events will follow in the early afternoon, and finally adult external events in the mid-to-late afternoon.
For example, if you are only doing tai chi competition, you can arrive around 12 or 1 pm to pick up your registration materials, warm up and watch the Masters Demonstrations, and you’ll be ready to compete after the officials come back from lunch.
7. When can I retrieve my registration materials?
The doors to the competition venue open at 8 am, and you can pick up your registration materials starting then and throughout the day.