- When can I register to compete?
- Does the registration fee include one competition event?
- What are the Traditional Wushu Team Trials?
- I have already registered, but would like to add more events or sign up for the Traditional Team Trials. How can I do that?
- I accidentally signed up for the wrong event! What can I do to fix my registration?
- When should I arrive at the competition venue?
- Where and when do I pick up my printed registration materials at the competition venue?
1. When can i register to compete?
The online competition registration form will be published July 1st.
The last day to register is September 15.
2. Does the registration fee include one competition event?
The registration fee does not include the first event.
We have tried different alternatives over the years, and have discovered that more people make mistakes in filling out the registration form when we include the first event in the registration. Since our individual registration forms are now online-only, this also makes designing the web form more straightforward and easier to follow.
3. What are the Traditional Wushu (Kungfu) Team Trials?
The Traditional Wushu (Kungfu) team trials is an add-on event to the regular New England International Wushu Championships. You do not need to do any additional competition forms. Instead, the results from your regular competition events will determine whether you qualify for the US Traditional Wushu (Kungfu) team.
Members of the US Traditional Team must be current members of the USAWKF.
For more information about the trials, please see the Rules and Regulations page.
4. I have already registered, but would like to add more events or sign up for the Traditional Team Trials. How can I do that?
Go to the Adding Competition Events Form to add events, which will be published July 1st. Refer to the original registration form for the exact event you would like to add.
5. I accidentally signed up for the wrong event! What can I do to fix my registration?
Please contact us immediately by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice that you made a mistake when you registered, and we will be able to accommodate you.
For any changes to competition events requested 7 or more days after registering, there will be an administrative fee. Note that additional events should be made with the Adding Competition Events Form (available July 1st).
6. When should I arrive at the competition venue?
In order to reduce crowding, we will be dividing the day by age group, starting with the youngest age groups, then seniors, followed by youth and adult groups:
5 & under, 6-8: approximately 8 am to 11 am
60+: approximately 11 am to 2 pm
12-14, 15-17: approximately 2 pm to 5 pm
18-39, 40-59: approximately 5 pm to the end of competitions
Please note that these are estimated times only. We will publish a more accurate schedule after September 15, when registrations have closed.
Please do not come to the competition venue outside of your competition times unless you are accompanying a minor, have purchased spectator tickets, or have an administrative or registration question that cannot be handled over email or phone. Thank you for your understanding.
7. Where and when do I pick up my printed registration materials at the competition venue?
You can arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of competitions for your age group (see question 6 above) to pick up your registration materials.
If you wish to confirm your registration events prior to competition, please contact us by email or phone prior to Friday, November 4, 2022.